2017 TxETDA Conference!
TxETDA’s Board announces the 2017 TxETDA Conference will be held February 23 – 24 at the University of Texas at Austin’s Perry-Castañeda Library (PCL)!
This Conference of Workshops will provide great training opportunities for ETD professionals in graduate schools, libraries, and administration. This annual conference is an excellent opportunity to network and learn with others in the same field from across the state and region.
Registration is now closed.
- Early Bird Registration ($60) is until January 26, 2017*
- Regular Registration ($70) will open from January 27 until February 9, 2017*
*Once you press submit, you will be taken to PayPal to complete your registration.
- We have a block of rooms at the Crowne Plaza Hotel — Austin Central ($135/night) will be held until January 24, 2017.
- Reservations may be made by calling the hotel directly (1-512-323-5466), calling the national number (1-800-227-6963), or online with the code-name “ETD”. You must identify yourself as part of the group “Texas ETD Association”.
- The closest parking is the Brazos Parking Garage ($15/day).
Thursday, February 23
|12:30pm – 1:00pm||Welcome and lunch|
|1:00pm – 3:30pm||Open Refine Workshop : Jessica Trelogan
– Learn how to leverage this free tool to clean up data easier!
|1:00pm – 3:30pm||Grad School BYOP (Bring Your Own Policy/Procedure/Problem) : Renee Babcock & Ashley Schmitt
– A lead discussion about graduate schools’ three-P’s!
|4:00pm – 5:00pm||Special Tour of UT’s Blanton Museum of Art|
|6:00pm – 8:30pm||Conference Dinner (TBD)|
Friday, February 24
|8:00am – 9:00am||Conference Breakfast|
|9:00am – 10:30am||Copyright Discussion : Emilie Algenio
– A lead discussion on copyright issues regarding ETDs!
|10:45am – 12:00pm||Embargo Discussion : Billie Peterson-Lugo & Shelley Barba
– A lead discussion on everyone’s favorite part of the ETD process!
|1:00pm – 3:00pm||Advanced Vireo Management Workshop : Ryan Steans
– (Room: PCL 1.124) Advanced Vireo Management focused on using filters, generating reports, and creating automated email workflows. This workshop will conclude with an update on Vireo 4 development and an open Q&A session.